Here are the first steps toward doing your own malware check and removal.
1. Change your email password(s) at the suspected accounts as a minimum.
2. Scan local computer for malware using malwarebytes. Malwarebytes can be
obtained free from www.malwarebytes.org. If you have any antivirus or security
software installed then I suggest unchecking the box for the free full trial during the
installation. Just follow the prompts and it will perform an update and quick scan
during installation. NOTE: If installation or the update fails, this is an indication that it
is extremely likely your computer is infected.
3. Ensure windows critical security updates are installed. Ensure antivirus or security
software is up-to-date with the latest definitions.
4. Consider impact. You may wish to change passwords on other sites as well.
5. Run a full scan using malwarebytes especially if any malware was detected by the
Below are some good links to further
your knowledge of what can happen
and how to protect yourself.
2013 Fix It 4 Us. All rights reserved.